Independent Living Communities (IL) characterized by apartment-style buildings, and sometimes cottages, offer a variety of services and activities for seniors who must be able to live independently. IL’s are not licensed and medical care is not provided, though arrangements can generally be made for short-term home health services.
Apartments range from studios, to one- and two-bedroom units, with partial or full kitchens. Often units have outdoor patios or balconies. Covered-parking is generally included with options for garages. Residents pay monthly rent which covers housekeeping, utilities, laundry, 24-hour staffing, and various meal plans.
IL’s typically offer a range of activities for residents and often have fitness centers, pools, libraries, theaters, and club rooms. Often transportation is provided.
- Atria at the Arboretum, Austin
- Buckner Villas, Austin
- The Conservatory at North Austin, Austin
- Court at Round Rock, Round Rock
- The Oaks Gracious Retirement Living, Georgetown
- Parkwood Meadows, Round Rock
- Provident Crossings, Round Rock
- The Wesleyan at Estrella Independent Living, Georgetown
- The Delaney at Georgetown Village, Georgetown
- Skye Senior Living, Leander
- Lakeline Oaks, Cedar Park
- The Point at Cedar Park, Cedar Park